PLASTIC SURGERY FAQS
Who is a good candidate for plastic surgery?
Ideal candidates for plastic surgery are generally in good health and have realistic expectations for their surgical results. At your initial consultation, Dr. Sinno will conduct a thorough assessment of your medical history and surgical objectives, and during this discussion it is extremely important that you are open and honest, so that Dr. Sinno can make the best possible recommendations to safely and successfully help you to achieve your aesthetic enhancement goals.
How should I prepare for my cosmetic surgery?
Proper preparation is one of the best ways to minimize the risk of complications, and to ensure a successful surgical outcome and a swift post-operative recovery period. Prior to your cosmetic enhancement procedure, Dr. Sinno will go over the best ways to prepare for your surgery, including:
- Fill all of the medications Dr. Sinno has prescribed for you to take during your recovery period prior to your surgery
- Smoking can impede the healing process and pose potentially serious medical complications following surgery, so it is very important that you cease smoking at least six weeks before your surgery.
- Approximately one week prior to surgery, stop taking any non-prescription supplements (ie. vitamins, herbs etc).
- If you regularly take aspirin or another form of blood thinner, consult with Dr. Sinno about whether you will need to discontinue these products prior to surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from your surgery, and to help you the first 24 hours of your recovery period. If you have children, it may be helpful to make arrangements for their transportation and care during the first few days after surgery, as you may be on pain medication and/or unable to lift them immediately following your procedure.
- Prepare a comfortable recovery area in your home, and place all of the items you will want close by (ie. television remote, phone, prescriptions, blankets, pillows, a printout of your post-operative instructions) so that after your surgery you can focus on resting and allowing your body to heal.
What is the ideal age to have plastic surgery?
There aren’t any rigid age limitations when determining who is an ideal candidate for a cosmetic surgery procedure, because each patient’s anatomy, surgical goals, and medical history are unique, and the assessment about whether cosmetic surgery is safe and appropriate needs to be made on a case by case basis.
Will my health insurance cover my plastic surgery procedure?
If you are having reconstructive surgery, as with breast reconstruction following mastectomy, insurance may cover the cost of your procedure. For cosmetic surgeries, insurance will generally not pay for the surgery; however, our helpful office staff will assist you in assessing all of your coverage options, and will work with you to create a manageable payment plan that fits into your budgetary requirements.
Is cosmetic surgery safe?
As with all surgical procedures, cosmetic surgery carries with it a certain degree of risk, and the potential for complications. However, you can rest easy knowing that Dr. Sinno and his professional staff place your safety and health above all else, and uphold the highest safety standards in order to ensure that your cosmetic enhancement procedure is both safe and successful. In addition, Dr. Sinno will take the time to inform you about all of the necessary pre- and post-operative measures you can take to facilitate a speedy and comfortable recovery period.
CONTACT DR. SINNO
Dr. Sinno and his well-trained team members have worked to create a welcoming, healing office environment, and will take the time to thoroughly explain your plastic surgery procedural details and options. Your cosmetic surgery procedure will be uniquely customized to reflect your specific aesthetic goals, and you can be assured that you will have the best possible patient care throughout your plastic surgery experience. If you would like to enhance or correct a physical feature that you are dissatisfied with, or if you have additional questions about any of the cosmetic enhancement procedures Dr. Sinno offers, please contact our office today. We are happy to answer any and all of your questions, and to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Sinno.